Wednesday, October 10, 2012

IMPORTANT: If Facebook is blank read this

Facebook Is Blank!

Recently I fixed a neighbors computer, all of that is detailed in The Facebug but I ran across something while fixing their laptop. When you went to Facebook and logged in all you got was something like this:

(Chrome)

(Firefox)

At the time it was only on Internet Explorer and my neighbor was only concerned with Chrome so I decided to leave it. It's unfortunate that I didn't fix it right then because if I had then I might have had a solution already. As it stands I do not.

It's important to note that this is a 100% different problem than I talked about in The Facebug so if you had this problem and followed the instructions I gave you and got upset that it didn't work this is why.

I'm working on a solution right now but its possible that as Facebook users there is nothing we can do. It's possible that the problem is with Facebook servers themselves, not our browsers. I'm not sure if that's the case but it certainly seems like it. For me I get this problem on Firefox and Chrome (Internet Explorer survived) but it literally happened overnight. I woke up, opened the internet, and Facebook is blank.

The only way I've seen it fixed so far works on Chrome and it just requires you to do a full reboot. Shut your computer down and let it go through all of its shutdown procedures and then once its off boot it back up. My mother did this when Chrome and Firefox had it and now Chrome seems to work again, so no promises but it's as good a thing to do as any.

If you have/had this problem PLEASE write me a comment here on this post telling me what Browser you are using, what Operating System you are running, how long you have had the problem, anything you have tried to fix it, and anything else that seems important relating to the problem. You can never go wrong with too much information.

Thank you, enjoy whats left of your internet.

Edit: Update on the situation HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment